- Gobuntu Changes Going Back Into Ubuntu
The news coming out of the Canonical camp is that developers will be trying to merge as many of Gobuntu’s changes back into the mainline Ubuntu code-base as possible. By default though, Ubuntu will continue to ship with firmware, binary-only drivers, and the rest.
- Grassroots OLPC Jam scheduled for this weekend
- LGP’s “X3: Reunion” Nears Completion
- Linux top OS in MIDs
Linux will be a top OS in MIDs (mobile Internet devices), suggests a report from Forward Concepts. The report, aimed at quantifying MID-related opportunities for chip makers, identifies TI and Qualcomm as well-positioned in an emergent market expected to reach 40 million unit shipments globally within four years.
- When Desktop Disaster Strikes, Linux Rides To The Rescue
A friend in need, the saying goes, is a friend indeed. And the next time your Windows PC goes belly-up at the worst possible time, your new best friend just might turn out to be a Linux rescue CD.
- Linux Pros – Reasons to Use Linux
The BECTA Scam
- BECTA Rubbishes Almost the Entire UK Open Source Industry
- A learning experience
- Becta schools deal stuns British open-istas
- Open source tour of Europe: Poland
- OpenSolaris still has some Linux copying to do
- Italian Elections: The Province of Agrigento has an open source candidate
- Songbird cracks 10,000 songs
- Field Guide to Firefox 3
- OpenOffice.org: OpenOffice.org gets its Extensions, just like Firefox!
The OpenOffice.org Italian Association announced that more than 100 Extensions nowadays are available for download.
Everyone now can go and choose from a variety of different extensions, adjusting OpenOffice.org to her needs.
- Government CIOs ‘do not understand open source’
“Linux is clearly open source, but quality-wise it rivals traditionally manufactured software and has arguably some better support than commercial proprietary systems,” he added.
- Open source project management app hits 500K downloads
- Site Exploits Linux Programmer’s Death On Rainier To Hawk Malware
- Ransomware Trojan code break ‘impractical’
- US Senate to probe Goo-Hoo!