Summary: Collusion charges against Microsoft lead to hefty fines
The German competition authority, the BundesKartellamt, has fined Microsoft €9m for colluding with retailers to set the price of “Office Home and Student 2007″.
It is worth emphasising that Germany fined SCO for its slander of Linux and it can probably do the same to Microsoft.
Since Germany is determined to punish for collusion, the authorities should also take a look at EDGI schemes and the "<OEM> recommends Windows" scheme. There are many more examples of ill or illegal business practices. █
- Microsoft Blast from the Past: Lawsuits and Fraud
- Microsoft Blast from the Past: Conspiracy and Money Laundering
- Microsoft Blast from the Past: Blackmail
- Fraud, Embargo and Slump at Microsoft Partners in India
- Shareholder Likens Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates to Bernard Madoff
- Slated Lists Microsoft Sins and Offences