Summary: New investigation looks at the monopoly of Monsanto, whose major supporters include Gates and Rockefeller
Monsanto has been mentioned in this site for two reasons: 1) its obsession with some of the most ridiculous patents — patents on life; 2) investments and active promotion from Bill Gates, whose foundation promotes the interests of pharmaceutical and agricultural monopolies.
Monsanto is under investigation now.
Confidential contracts detailing Monsanto Co.’s business practices reveal how the world’s biggest seed developer is squeezing competitors, controlling smaller seed companies and protecting its dominance over the multibillion-dollar market for genetically altered crops, an Associated Press investigation has found.
Steve Silberman sends us “A major AP expose of how Monsanto uses secret licensing agreements for its genetically manipulated crops to squeeze smaller seed companies, lock out competition, and keep food prices high.”.
As the links at the bottom show, there is a connection to Bill Gates.
If one looks carefully at the Wall Street Journal, there is this new report whose author writes about investments in hotels too.
Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates has run into several problems on the hotel front. In 2007, his personal investment company teamed with Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal to acquire Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, which manages 82 luxury properties, for $3.4 billion. Since then, revenue per available room at those properties is down 25%. In addition, his investment company is foreclosing on the 582-room Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes, Calif., which defaulted on a $110 million loan from Mr. Gates’s firm shortly after opening in June.
We wrote about Alwaleed bin Talal in the past, in relation to investments in SCO and the connections to Microsoft and Gates [1, 2, 3]. One must look more carefully at what Bill Gates is up to. In some ways, he currently supports monopolies far less ethical than Microsoft; they kill people. █
- With Microsoft Monopoly in Check, Bill Gates Proceeds to Creating More Monopolies
- Bill Gates Takes His GMO Patent Investments/Experiments to India
- How the Gates Foundation Privatises Africa
- Reader’s Article: The Gates Foundation and Genetically-Modified Foods
- Monsanto: The Microsoft of Food
- Seeds of Doubt in Bill Gates Investments
- Gates Foundation Accused of Faking/Fabricating Data to Advance Political Goals
- More Dubious Practices from the Gates Foundation
- Video Transcript of Vandana Shiva on Insane Patents
- Explanation of What Bill Gates’ Patent Investments Do to Developing World
- Black Friday Film: What the Bill Gates-Backed Monsanto Does to Animals, Farmers, Food, and Patent Systems
- Gates Foundation Looking to Destroy Kenya with Intellectual Monopolies
- Young Napoleon Comes to Africa and Told Off
- Gates Foundation Denies Global Warming and Strives for Global Domination
- Gates/Microsoft Tax Dodge and Agriculture Monopoly Revisited
- Gates Foundation Funds Literature Supportive of Its Objectives