Summary: Many new PR tricks that ought to be tackled; The Gates Foundation uses Oxfam to further promote the Monsanto GMO agenda it’s investing heavily in
MICROSOFT is to a large degree a marketing company. It has great stakes in the media (see links at the bottom) and it is important for Microsoft to control what people think or how they feel about Microsoft and its products. Occasionally we find that Microsoft uses children and AIDS to promote its products [1, 2, 3]. It is a very shameless tactic that a parents group apparently complained about last month.
“Occasionally we find that Microsoft uses children and AIDS to promote its products.”There is a lot of coverage about a PR move from Microsoft right now — one where it claims to be fighting child porn. it is worth stressing that “child porn” is the favourite excuse — whether perceived or real — to justify censorship or removal (annexation affecting online communities) of entire protocols. The copyright cartel uses it to attack peer-to-peer software and politicians use it to kill USENET, which is decentralised. Politicians typically struggle to understand technology, but child porn is something they understand.
That aside, Microsoft is also doing the PR routines in Copenhagen. We wrote about this before because Microsoft is a top polluter. Watch how Associated (Content) is glorying the world's biggest patent troll, who came from Microsoft with financial support from Bill Gates, Microsoft, and Apple. Associated pretends that this patent troll fights Global Warming by amassing the very same patents that prevent action. It is worth adding that Gates denies Global Warming. It’s just not on his agenda, which seems more focused on controlling the world’s food. We wrote about this in:
- With Microsoft Monopoly in Check, Bill Gates Proceeds to Creating More Monopolies
- Gates-Backed Company Accused of Monopoly Abuse and Investigated
- How the Gates Foundation Privatises Africa
- Reader’s Article: The Gates Foundation and Genetically-Modified Foods
- Monsanto: The Microsoft of Food
- Seeds of Doubt in Bill Gates Investments
- Gates Foundation Accused of Faking/Fabricating Data to Advance Political Goals
- More Dubious Practices from the Gates Foundation
- Video Transcript of Vandana Shiva on Insane Patents
- Explanation of What Bill Gates’ Patent Investments Do to Developing World
- Black Friday Film: What the Bill Gates-Backed Monsanto Does to Animals, Farmers, Food, and Patent Systems
- Gates Foundation Looking to Destroy Kenya with Intellectual Monopolies
- Young Napoleon Comes to Africa and Told Off
- Bill Gates Takes His GMO Patent Investments/Experiments to India
- Gates/Microsoft Tax Dodge and Agriculture Monopoly Revisited
- Beyond the ‘Public Relations’
- UK Intellectual Monopoly Office (UK-IPO) May be Breaking the Law
- “Boycott Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in China”
As we showed earlier this month, Gates also pays people to write favourably about the Monsanto plan [1, 2]. As it turns out, based on this new job vacancy, the Gates Foundation uses Oxfam (money injection) to lobby for the Monsanto agenda from that vector too. They are looking for a “communications coordinator”.
The post would be split 50% between delivery on the Gates Foundation funded project: ‘Strengthening Women’s Livelihoods through Collective Action: Market Opportunities in Smallholder Agriculture’. The remaining 50% will support related learning and tools development processes and product delivery, of ongoing work on women and smallholder agriculture (e.g. linked to EDP, Accenture) working closely with Global Gendered Livelihoods and other advisers.
Accenture? As in Microsoft’s strong ally?
At the end of the day, this is about having more influence over agriculture in Africa, which Monsanto strives to control absolutely under the pretext of “world hunger”. Gates and Rockefeller are big financial pusher for this, jointly lobbying for the goal under their euphemistic banner, “Green Revolution”.
Speaking of controlling press outlets, this news article is just several days old:
Roberts began attending Comcast company meetings with his dad Ralph when he was about 10 years old. When Comcast was preparing to go public in 1972, the 13-year-old Brian found a typo in the document that could have negatively affected the initial public offering. At 32, he was the youngest guy in the room when he leaned over and urged Bill Gates to buy 10% of the industry in 1997. A few weeks later, Gates’ Microsoft Corp. invested $1 billion in Comcast, setting off a string of investments and partnerships that revived and propelled cable to new heights.
Now 50, Roberts could become one of the country’s youngest — and surely most powerful — media moguls once the NBCU deal is completed. It is against this backdrop that Multichannel News has named Roberts as its Executive of the Year.
“That Microsoft story is so indicative of Brian,” said Julian Brodsky, one of the original founders of Comcast and someone who watched and mentored Roberts throughout his career.
More information about the Comcast-NBC situation can be found below. As long as they control the news channels, they also control the information people receive. It’s not a coincidence, it’s designed to be that way. If companies never do something malicious, then there is hardly any need to control the press at all (to deliver spin and revisionism). █
Related and very recent posts:
- Reader’s Article: Corporate Media Ownership Shifts
- GE, Microsoft, Comcast and (Microsoft AstroTurf at) Twitter: Pact of Lies
- De Facto Microsoft Press Already Rewrites the Story of Microsoft’s Destruction of Yahoo!, Other Stories
- Beyond the ‘Public Relations’