IBM on designated systems ..

To: Dieterle@RTPNOTES
cc
Subject: Status on MDA Milestone questions

To: DIETERLE-RTPNOTES

From: Robert F. Dieterle
	IBM PC Company, Mobile Computing Software Planning
	T/L:4411919-543-6234	Fax: T/L.441:543-~~12

..

Diana D. Romero
Manager, Development & Licensing Contracts
IBM PC Company
Subject: Status of MDA Milestone questons

Phyllis, we can pay royalties on a per System or Per Copy basis for the Win 3.11 and Win 95 contracts. To get the lower, per System rate, we must "Designate" models, and pay the royalty on all of those models that ship ... whether they have the product on them or not. Because of the difference in the royalty rates, all of our Win 95 and Win 3.11 machines are Designated Systems and we pay Per System on them. The only time we pay Per Copy should be when we mess up and don't get models designated in time.

If the MDA Milestones are limited to Designated Systems, it won't include RTC or OS/2 machines. That helps on most of the milestones.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Diane

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02452.pdf

--

court documents in the case of Comes v. Microsoft.