Re: offers of network services &c

Actually, I am thinking of taking up your friends offer, which came in
about 24 hours ago. We also have an offer from Anders Crigstrom, and a
few offers from other sites, including one to do it for "a reasonable
fee" :-) . The lists are big:

    1841    debian-announce/dist
    923     debian-changes/dist
    603     debian-user/dist
    236     debian-hams/dist
    108     debian-devel/dist
    60      debian-sparc/dist
    54      debian-private/dist
    38      debian-alpha/dist
    29      debian-68k/dist
    22      debian-dpkg/dist

I find that a lot of debian-user messages are not immediately deliverable,
and that there are about 700 messages in my sendmail's outgoing queue
because of this. Running zmailer would be advisable, I think, David has
been having good results for it with the linux-*@vger.rutgers.edu lists.
Also, organizing as a central server and sub-servers for various regions
would be a good idea.

As far as my personal role is concerned, I would gladly surrender the role
of list-server-manager, as I am currently busy writing new software for
Debian.

    Thanks

    Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
Toy Story: > $179 Million domestic box office and an Oscar so far.