Decision time

I think there's been enough time and enough input to make a decision on
this topic. I asked for votes and discussion, and got a lot of good input.
I've taken 3 days off of the boot floppies to work on this. That's enough.

1. We should _recommend_ that linuxdoc.sgml be used for documentation, as
   this satisfies the FSF request for texinfo, and also is
   machine-translatable into groff or HTML. It can be viewed with virtually
   every viewing mechanism we have today. We will continue to _accept_ any
   machine-readable documentation format that can be rendered using free
   software tools.

2. Unstripped executables are of dubious utility relative to the penalties
   attached to them. Please do not make your _main_ packages contain
   them. However, you may add a "binary-unstripped" target or other
   means of producing them to your debian.rules file. Please upload any
   such packages for placement in the "experimental" directory. If you can
   document improved user input from your experiments, this issue could be
   taken up again at a later date.

3. We recognize the and honor the contribution of BSD, FSF, independent
   hackers, businesses, and people who write directly for Debian,
   and do not place a greater attribution on one group than any other.

4. FSF is welcome to participate in Debian as a _peer_ with all other
   Debian contributors and repackagers. An overriding priority will _not_
   be placed on FSF requirements.

5. The name of this distribution is currently "Debian Linux". The name
   may change, but will not contain "GNU" again. The baby GNU logo should
   be removed from our web page, please. FSF is welcome to rename their
   own version of Debian to "GNU/Linux" or whatever they want.

Let's please get back to work now.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story", at greater than $184,200,000 in domestic box office