Re: Website (was Re: Debian Policy and Dpkg programmer's manuals)

From: jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl (J.H.M.Dassen)
> First of all: Bruce, I've sent a couple of messages to you that you
> should deal with in your capacity of Project Leader. I've received
> no indication that you have dealt with them yet (e.g. a Cc or Bcc).
> Did you receive these messages?

Not necessarily. Please re-send them, and be sure to use my pixar.com
address.

I must admit to reading my mail _very_quickly_ at times. I am under a lot
of pressure between Pixar, my home purchase which is closing next week, and
weeks of downtime due to travel and illness. If you feel you don't have
my attention, please repeat yourself and I promise I won't get angry.

> My personal choice would be to move www.debian.org to an i-connect.net
> machine. This way, we could give all developers access to the master
> web tree (NFS-mounted on master).

Matt Bailey still lives, and pops up on our mailing lists (as he did last
week) to prove it. However, I can see how you might want to move the WWW
site elsewhere if he's difficult to reach. I sent him a wake-up call just now.

I assume it's set up so that you simply mirror a partition from master and
serve it. Please tell me how big it is, and what servers you know to work
with it. We can probably get a few servers with no problem, and put
links to the servers for different regions on our home page or something.

	Thanks

	Bruce