Re: SNI-19:BSD lpd vulnerability (fwd)

Greetigns!  Just to add another data point, we're using lprng here
quite successfully on a mixed network of Debian Linux PC's, SGI
machines, and a Solaris box.  What's great, IMHO, apart from the more
modest usage of root, is the ability to pass printcap files via NIS.
Changing every /etc/printcap on a network whenever a printer is added
is a real pain.  Printcap syntax seems quite compatible with the
traditional lpr.  The checkpc utility is also quite useful.  Somebody
needs to refine the documentation, though.  A quick summary of how to
get up and running would be great.  Works well with magicfilter, too.

Take care,

--
cmaguire@enhanced.com				      Camm Maguire