Xandros bought Linspire in the middle of 2008. Both companies signed patent deals with Microsoft around the same time in 2007 (just months apart). Posts below are divided by topic and sorted chronologically.
- Xandros? Patents? What is Going On? (Updated)
- Mark Shuttleworth Was Wrong, and the Xandros Deal Proves It
- Xandros Aftermath: GPL ‘Poison’, Standards Abolishment
- More on Xandros (Meanwhile, BoycottXandros.com Goes Live) (Updatedx2)
- Tell Xandros How You Feel, If You Have Time
- Xandros Changed Its Mind, No Longer Thinks Linux Violates Microsoft Patents
- The Xandros Deal Just Doesn’t Make Any Sense
- Novell and Xandros Hit by the GPL Cluebat
- Nothing Will Be Lost with a Demise of Xandros
- Xandros Joins Hands with the Anti-ODF Companies That Money Could Buy
- The OSI Invasion Merely Follows the Linspire/Xandros/Novell/Turbolinux Invasion
- Xandros CEO Brags About Open Standards, But Signs ‘Intellectual Property’ Deals with Microsoft
- Catching up With Novell’s Sibling Sellouts — Xandros and Linspire
- Xandros and Asus Eee — to Be or Not to Buy?
- Some Victims of the Novell and Xandros Deals
- Scalix/Xandros Release Microsoft-compatible Ballnux Binaries (Patent Tax Included)
- Linspire, Xandros and the Stories Only eWeek Will Tell You About
- ASUS, Xandros, Microsoft and Other Business Partners
- No, Virginia, There Won’t be Spire Under Xandros
- Quick Mention: Linspire is Over
- More Information About Linspire Getting Devoured
- Xandros-Linspire-Microsoft Marriage is Now Official
- How is Xandros Eee PC Arrangement ‘Complicated’?
- Fear and Loathing in Digital Cornerstone Incorporated, Formerly Known as Linspire
- More Lies and Hijacking of “Open Source” by Microsoft
- Xandros Refutes Claims of Microsoft Involvement in Linspire Takeover
- Legal Mess at Linspire
- Corel: Whose side is it on anyway?
- Xandros Lied About Linspire
- Sell Out Linspire, Then Blame the Founder
- Novell and Partners “License” SUSE, Just Like Linspire
- Xandros/Presto is Windows-Only, Xandros is Still Linux Shy
- Xandros Thinks Linspire Customers Use Microsoft Windows
- Xandros: “We Are Kind of Getting Away from Being a Linux Company”
- Novell and Xandros Are Promoting Windows, Again
- Xandros Server is Allegedly Dead
- Sale of Linspire to Xandros Gets the Unofficial OK After Years in Court, Xandros Sells Scalix
- Does Anyone Still Use Xandros?
- Microsoft/Novell/Linspire Deals: Shoot First, Then Try to Make Peace (or Ask Questions)
- Linspire Fuels Microsoft’s IP FUD by Signing Deal (Updated)
- Red Hat Does Well, But Linspire Needs a Gentle Shake
- Linspire Has No Patents, So What Did Microsoft Pay Linspire For? (Updated and Corrected)
- Novell, Xandros, and Linspire Fail to Tell Apart Foes from Friends
- Linspire Sells Us Linux FUD, Not GNU/Linux
- ECMA, Microsoft, and Linspire-sponsored Mail Give More Reasons to Give the Boot (Updated)
- Linspire/Lindows: Just Like Windows, Even When It Comes to Ill Stance of Standards (Updatedx3)
- Linspire Continues Bragging About OOXML Support
- Microsoft Leaves Linspire Robbed, Naked
- Kevin Carmony Responds, Linspire on Permanent Feature Freeze for GPLv3 Software
- Can Linspire Still Feed on Ubuntu (or Debian) Linux Codebase?
- Fuelled by Linspire’s Support, Microsoft Wants Your Money
- Linspire Forsakes International Standards, Chooses Loose ‘Interoperability’ Instead
- Another Major Victim of Microsoft’s Linux Deals? Linspire’s CEO Abandons the Ship.
- Microsoft Deals That Kill
- Linspire’s Chairman Apparently Moves on (and Out of Linux)
- Uncertain Future for Linspire’s Linux After Microsoft Deal?
- Which Will Go Down First? SCO or Linspire?
- Linspire 6.0 Released – Now with Patent Protection!
- Linspire is Going Nowhere Fast (Updated)
- Eric Raymond Has Left Linspire’s Board
- Quick Updates on Linspire and SCO — Two Companies That Won’t Recover
- Friends or Foes? Ubuntu+CNR (from Linspire), GNOME+OOXML (from Microsoft)
- A Dozen Words Show Why Linspire Just ‘Gets’ Linux
- Xandros, Linspire, OpenSUSE Fail to Keep Up With (K)Ubuntu
- Updates on Turbolinux and Linspire (Mandriva Deal and CNR Status Report)
- Linspire’s Former CEO Gives Up on CNR
- Former Linspire CEO Predicts Damaging Truths After His Microsoft Deal
- Kevin Carmony Says Microsoft Deal Brought Linspire Millions in Revenue