chrisjo on anti Java strategy memo ..

From: chrisjo
Sent: Monday: September 04, 1995 3:15 PM
To: victors; johnlu; bradsi; bens; thomasre; darryir; paulma; chrisjo
Subject: RE: Anti-Java strategy memo

..

One strategy is to jump on the Java bandwagon and try and take control of the class libraries and runtime. This may be the best alternative but this decision impacts across the company.

..

We should consider support for Java as a platform. As a company we have to options for embracing and extending Java: (1) we tale control of it and add Windows specific classes, or (2) we "sandbox" it, slow it down and restrict to a particular domain, betting that we can bring our technology to bear quickly enough to minimize the impact.

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/010807/PLEX_2403.pdf