w-carrin: plant the bug of FUD in their ears ..

From w-carrin Mon Oct 15 12:18:05 1990
To: bradsi
Subject: Getting the word out about DR DOS
Cc: kathrynh; russw
Date: Mon Oct 15 12:09:08 1990

Concerns have been raised that DR-DOS incompatibilities and flaws are being overlooked by reviewers.

..

We recommend that we *informally* plant the bug of FUD in their ears.
"Have you heard about problems with DR DOS?"

"That security feature is a neat idea and, gosh, such a feature would be great, but it's just too easily circumvented"

"Gee, it's unfortunate that DR DOS can't be loaded high all the time. MS-DOS 5.0 can" We'll do this very tactfully.

..

The security features may lead someone to a false sense of security and someone may break into their payroll.

..

* If Digital Research can to Microsoft for help in making DR DOS work with Windows, would Microsoft help them? Maybe not?

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/010807/PLEX_0425.pdf

W-Carrin is the prefix for Weggener Edstrom, Microsoft's public relations firm.