eliminate the problem of DLL Hell ..

>From Eric Rudder
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 1999 9:56 AM
To: Bill Gates
Subject: latest draft, just to have

..

2.2 Attacking Complexity

In addition to defining some new areas of excitment, like Activity
Centers there are some other areas where we need to continue to
enhance the user experience. I will mention just a few. Our PC health
initiative means cleaning up the 'error' experience, both preventing
errors, and truly helping to fix problems when they occur. We need to
continue to leverage Windows Update.. We need to once and for all
eliminate the problem of 'DLL Hell' - this means delivering COM+
Deployment, a.k.a Fusion, in timely manner.

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/px03073.pdf

--

court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.