Excel strawman redacted ..

Excel product Promotion Strawman

Joe Krawczak
May 1, 1990

..

Lotus in contrast, has been a news machine, recently shipped a host of new products - 2.2. 3.0 /G /M, 123 Unix, @SQL, SQL Server driver, especially lets Lotus encroach on our leading technology position to ~~~~~ also offers some advantages over Excel.

In the period until Excel 3 ships, we have no compelling product news to generate renewed interest in Excel. Win 3 will expand our market potential, but does not give us any direct product news. Q+E 2.5 will use some fresh product news to talk about in June, but is a parity feature with Lotus. Going into the crucial T3 sales period, we are relying on Win 3 to create demand for Excel as the only Windows spreadsheet.

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/4000/PX04449.pdf

--

court documents in the case of Comes v Microsoft.